What to expect
*A newborn session last around two hours.
* The studio is kept VERY warm, wear comfortable cloths and I ask only two adults accompany baby.
* Baby will be naked for the majority of the session unless otherwise discussed.
* I try to do around 4 different setups which include a combination of props and posing on the beanbag.
* I plan all sessions out ahead of time so that transitions are easy on baby please bring up anything specific you may want before your session.
What to bring
*If bottle feeding bring enough formula for at least 3 bottles. Babbies tend to get pretty hungry during the session.
*Plenty of diapers we put them on and take them off several times during the session.
*A pacifier, even if baby doesn't really use it. The pacifier can be life saver when posing and calming baby during the session.
* I provide props however if you are planning on bringing something to have baby photographed with please let me know ahead of time so I can plan on adding it into the session.
How to prep baby for session:
If nursing do not eat any gasey or spicey foods the day before or morning of the session. Do not drink coffe the morning of the session, even decaf can cause tummy cramps. Keep baby awake for 90 minutes before you leave for your session. An hour before you leave give him/her a bath to really wake them up. Dress them in a diaper only and feed the baby keeping them awake so they get nice and full. Place baby in the car seat still only wearing diaper and head to the studio. Baby should fall asleep in the car. When you arrive do not take baby out of the car seat I will do so in the studio. Bring a comfy easy to put on for the ride home.
What makes for a successful newborn session?
* Scheduling your session before baby arrives, this gives me time to plan your session.
* Scheduling baby's shoot when they are between 5-10 days old.
* Bathing and feeding baby right before your session.
* Dressing baby in a diaper only!
*Bring a pacifier!!!
* Let me know color scheme or theme in baby's nursery, or any other ideas you have or shot's you have seen that you would like.
* If you would like sibling pics with the new baby let me know ahead of time and plan to have someone bring sibling at the end of the shoot for their pics together, due to the small size of my studio and the warm temps.
*** NO CELL PHONE OR PERSONAL CAMERA PICTURES ALLOWED***
**Newborn pics are some of the most priceless sessions I do. These are tips I have found through experience, make for a smooth, enjoyable experience with the best outcome.